Opening for a creative and motivated studio manager for photojournalist and filmmaker Ed Kashi, based in Montclair, New Jersey. Start date will be January 2017. This is a 4 day a week, 32 hour/week position. Looking for commitment of at least two years.
This person will be responsible for not only overseeing and maintaining Ed’s photographic archives, but basically running his operation. The studio manager will work extensively with photographs, preparing stories and smaller edits of single images, sending out photo submissions to publications, and working closely with the photographer’s agency, VII Photo. The studio manager will be responsible for maintaining an active and engaging web and social media presence for Ed and Talking Eyes Media, a non profit company that his wife, the filmmaker Julie Winokur runs. Both operations are in their home in Montclair, NJ.
Studio Manager Job Duties:
- Manage and maintain Ed’s digital archive, as well as oversee the care of this analog archives
- Website updates and maintenance
- Maintain and grow social media presence (Ed and Talking Eyes Media) through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and blogging
- Fulfill image requests
- Image editing and editorial input
- Communications with Ed’s agency, clients, and for various email requests
- General studio admin tasks: phones, emails, filing, working with bookkeeper
- Collaborating with two part-time coworkers who have been with the studio for 10 years
Hours of Work:
32 hours per week at $25 per hour or $38K salary for 32 hours, with the potential to move to 40 hours per week. Health insurance is available if needed.
Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Interest in photography, media and art, and experience editing and sequencing photographs
- Strong organizational skills
- Attention to fine detail
- Great written and verbal skills
- Interest in journalism and an editorial sense
- Excellent Computers skills – Adobe Programs including Photoshop, Acrobat, and InDesign, etc., PhotoMechanic, MediaPro, WordPress, Microsoft Office, and more.
- Must be able to oversee the workings of the office and perform general office administration.
- Enthusiasm and dedication are key, as this is a warm, personal but highly productive environment
- Knowledge of current social media platforms, trends, and strategies a must – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task
- Must be motivated and a self starter, as Ed is on the road up to 8 months a year