I am currently in search of a part-time Studio Manager to help me run business operations 3-4 days a week at my home studio in Mt. Washington / Los Angeles. This position requires a very wide set of skills and an expert level understanding of working alongside a National Geographic photographer. My Studio Manager is moving to San Francisco. I am therefore looking for a replacement to start training immediately.
• Extremely detail oriented
• Native English speaker with strong writing skills
• Ability to multitask short term deadlines and long-term projects
• Ability to work independently while I am out of country
• Passion for photojournalism, documentary and fine art photography
• Editing skills with an eye for professional documentary photography
• Experience working as an assistant with top-level photographers would be a plus
Advanced skills in the following areas:
• Daily business correspondence, invoicing, and office management
• Extremely proficient in Photoshop (Camera Raw, layers, masks, toning, color correction etc.)
• Experienced working on MAC computers (Mac troubleshooting and iOS device management)
• Digital Asset Management using Photo Mechanic, Media Pro, etc
• RAID management and advanced hard drive upkeep
• Social media savvy, fb, IG, Twitter, Linkedin
• Fine art printing using inkjet Epson printers
• Assisting in workshops and lectures, at times abroad
• 35mm Digital SLR experience, preferably Canon
• Film scanning
Video editing, Graphic Design (InDesign), Web design using HTML/CSS, WordPress and Squarespace, knowledge of Copyright registration and a foreign language are major advantages, but not requirements.
If you think you would be qualified, or know somebody who is living in LA and could be qualified to take over as my part-time Studio Manager, please email us your resume – and feel free to share with your friends. Thank you!