Seeking highly motivated, tech savvy, multitasking, detail-oriented individual with impeccable writing skills to manage daily operations of Gerd Ludwig’s office/studio in LA.
The job is freelance, 3 to 5 days a week and paid hourly, with general hours of 10-6 daily. Occasional night and weekend work is required. There is a training and trial period. After that a minimum two-year commitment should be mutually agreed on.
Applicants should have experience/proficiency in:
– Software fluency in: Photoshop (essential), Media Pro/Expression Media, Photo Mechanic, Keynote, InDesign, Illustrator
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be a native English speaker.
– Managing a photographer’s office – including tracking invoices, contracts, insurance
– Social media savvy
– HTML / WordPress
– Tracking fine art print sales, fine art printing, scanning
– Computer maintenance / SoftRaid knowledge
– Familiarity with the US Copyright Office filing procedures (preferred, but not required)
– 35 mm camera gear (maintenance and assisting – Gerd uses 35 mm, mostly Canon)
– Uploading and processing photos for licensing to National Geographic Creative (or experience with similar stock agencies)
– Photo editing skills
– Experience with the book publishing process and managing long term projects (preferred, but not required)
– Assisting during workshops (at times abroad)
Training can begin immediately.
If you think you’d be a good fit considering the qualifications above, please send your resume along with a couple of recent work references, to firstname.lastname@example.org.